I'm not a CPA, it's true. But the members of the National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) elected me to serve two terms as President because I'm a true ally and valuable resource to the CPA and accountant community. CPAs know numbers well. They are financial experts in a corporate environment. But when it comes to their own finances, they are sometimes reluctant to admit they need help for themselves and the clients they serve. I confidentially help them - with how to plan for their future (retirement), how to live now (freedom), how to set their kids up for success (college planning), how to take care of aging parents, and more. I help them plan for all the things life throws at us that we truly need to be prepared for, but we hate to admit that we're not.
As a graduate of Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, I hold a Series 65 securities license along with life, health, and variable annuity licenses. For more than 15 years, I've been serving individuals and business owners with protection, investment, and financial planning matters, having worked for industry leaders like The Ritz Carlton, ADP (Automatic Data Processing) and Mutual of Omaha. I've got quite the entrepreneurial streak too. I started CPA Allies in 2016 and owned and operated several other businesses in the retail and restaurant industries prior to that. I now bring all that entrepreneurial thinking and years of expertise to the CPA and accountant community as a trusted and unbiased ally with two simple goals: (1) to help you live more freely and (2) to set your lineage up for success.
I'm the proud product of immigrant parents who moved to Brooklyn, New York from Trinidad and Tobago in the early 1960s seeking a better life for their young family. I enjoy martial arts, spending time outdoors, mountain and road biking, traveling, and leading personal finance workshops. Like you, I care about living the freest and most successful life possible while I'm here. I choose to leave my mark on this world by educating people on how to live their best life through financial freedom.
- Georgia Society of CPAs - Member
- Atlanta Chapter, National Association of Black Accountants (NABA) -2-term President
- Marietta Mentoring for Leadership Program - Mentor
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce - Ambassador
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Johnson & Wales University (Providence, Rhode Island)
- Series 65 securities licenses
- Life, health and variable annuity licenses
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) Designation - in progress
- American College of Financial Services Scholarship Recipient
- Local areas serviced in-person: Greater Atlanta Area
- Work virtually in any national location
- Insurance and Investments: 15 years
- The Ritz Carlton
- ADP (Automatic Data Processing)
- Mutual of Omaha
- Restaurant Owner (Downtown Atlanta)
- Men's Tie Store Owner (Downtown Atlanta)